We had an ob appointment this morning with my favorite ob. I love all of the obs at my office and the nurse practitioner – they are all great – but we have really connected with the ob we saw today. She has been through so much with us and has always been positive (without blowing sunshine) and realistic. It is actually sort of ironic because during my first pregnancy, I only saw her one time, she wasn’t my favorite and then she delivered our older daughter. She was great during the delivery and we liked her. Then we didn’t see her again until after our diagnosis. And now, since I don’t have to see all of the doctors, I try to schedule all of my appointments with her but she won't deliver our second daughter.
At the appointment we talked about whether she thought I would be induced versus going into labor on my own. In her opinion, she thinks that they will schedule a date for induction about a week before my due date because this way we can make sure the cardiologists and other supporting team are available and ready. She also explained that since this is our second, it should be an easier process because my body knows what to do (but of course nothing is guaranteed). We were expecting this and we really want to do what is best for our daughter. This sounds like it might be what is best but we will find out more on Friday at U of M. The appointment ended in a hug, which was very much appreciated!
Glad you had a good appointment! U of M scheduled an induction for Aly at 39 weeks but were comfortable and felt prepared if she were to come naturally at anytime- and she ended up coming 2.5 weeks earlier than that, in the middle of the night and they were totally prepared. Thanks for the update and hope all goes well tomorrow!
ReplyDelete