Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Audra Jane!

One year ago at 3:22 pm, Audra Jane was born. Seeing as we were a bit busy with our events, I thought we would share some to the details of the day.

When we arrived at the hospital, we were put in a small triage room and it was quickly determined that I was going to be admitted.  So they moved me over to my room and I got settled in.  Most of the morning we slept and sat around.  I had only really moved into active labor in the afternoon and when I was ready to push, they wheeled us over to the OR. That is where c-sections are preformed and it is done when you are having a high risk baby as a precaution. It is also where there is close access to "the nest", which is an intensive care area for newborns that is separate from the OR. It allows for less people to be in the room with you. But there were still quite a few people in the OR with us. One of those persons was a nursing student whom I believe may never want to have children after what she had to witness lol!

Anyway, right after Audra was born and I got to see her, she was taken to the nest. My husband was able to go with her. Once they checked her out, they brought her back to me and I got to hold her. It was obviously very emotional for all of us at that point. We were able to take some pictures and Audra flipped off the camera in her true punk style :)

They then took her back to the nest and I had to go back to my room. I was able to go back to the nest but my husband was a lento stay with Audra the entire time. After I saw her again, Audra and my husband found their way to Audra's room on the 11th floor of the intensive care for cardio patients.

I was able to go up and see her after I used the restroom. It didn't take too long and I hung out up stairs as much as possible. In fact, I think our insurance should not have had to pay full price for my room as I do not think they made one check on me all night. Scratch that. I remember that one of my night nurses, May, came by and did a check of my blood pressure. It was high and she asked me if she should be concerned. My sister and I joked around about it but definitely thought she should be the one telling us if we needed to be concerned. They just watched it, although I am not sure it ever got measured again seeing as I was never in my room.

Anyway, this year we have a much calmer birthday planned for Audra. We are looking forward to celebrating her surg-iversary on Saturday and then having a big celebration in April for the renewal of her baptism :)

Life is good! We are blessed!

Until the next one year ago today post!

All the best!

P.S. Please leave a Happy Birthday comment for Audra so when she goes back to read this when she is older, she will have your comment!  Thank you :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy happy Birthday Audra! I've loved watching you grow through the blog and Facebook over the last year. How far you've come sweet girl! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete