Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home one year later. One year ago today, we left the hospital for the first time with Audra. It was one of the happiest days of our lives (but also very annoying).

We got everything wrapped up and were ready to go but our nurse left for lunch and did not submit our discharge papers. When you just want to go home to have your family together, any delay is such a delay. Ugh.

We had to stay to feed Audra one more time before we left and then Audra messed her pants (as grandma would say) and we had to change her out of her coming home outfit to her back up outfit. Mind you, her outfit last year was a summer outfit because it was so warm.

Anyway, we walked out of the hospital and over to the parking structure and there was this woman smoking one hospital property where it is not allowed. I was mad but just charged past not husband, being the German that he is, made a comment and I thought he was going to get in a fight (which was not happening but in my over emotional state, that is what I thought). I kept pushing Audra in the stroller and everything was fine. When we were driving our hour ride home, Audra slept and I worried. I had not been in a car for over two weeks and felt like my husband was crazily driving. He wasn't but I just felt like he was. Sorry honey! Again, I blame the hormones!

Anyway, one of most vivid memories of that day (or our first 24 hours home) was when Audra woke up around 2 am and started crying. Then our older daughter woke up and started crying. Then I started crying. My husband was a tad bit worried at this point. Fortunately, we have come a long way in one year! Both of our girls are sleeping and gone rally sleep through the night.

Last Sunday, we celebrated Easter with our family and had a great time. But we did talk about the fact that if Easter was March 31 last year, we would have been in the hospital. Well as the dates fell, we have been able to spend both of Audra's two Easters at home. But this year we were all able to enjoy ourselves a lot more.

We are looking forward to renewing Audra's baptismal rites in a few weeks. Since Audra was baptized in the hospital and we have been limiting her exposure to germs, we have not had a celebration of her baptism. We are looking forward to this celebration!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment