Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our Baby Girl is Full Term

Today our baby girl is considered full term!  This means that her lungs are fully developed and she can be born any time now.  Great news!!!! 

My non-stress test on Friday and ob appointment over at U of M went okay.  Our baby girl was responsive in her typical 20 minutes, which is great.  We were getting ready to get up and head off to my ob appointment and the nurse started up the ultrasound machine because U of M measures the level of amniotic fluid around the baby.  The levels were all really good. 

After the non-stress test, we headed over to the women’s clinic for my ob appointment.  We scheduled an induction date!  As predicted, it is March 19th.  But this isn’t really set in stone.  The ob said that when they call me on the evening of the 18th to tell me when to come in, we can reschedule if I am not having any signs of labor and my body doesn’t appear to be ready.  So maybe March 19th is the go date and maybe it isn’t.  Of course, our baby girl could always decide she wants to make an appearance before then!  We shall see.

We got some more questions answered and the only other thing of note was that my blood pressure was a bit elevated (even measured at the end of the appointment).   They sent me to get blood work to make sure it isn’t preeclampsia, which so far it is not.  It was a stressful week and this weekend we were able to relax.  So hopefully my blood pressure can come back down a bit. 

Stay tuned as the big day approaches!!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Baby girl will be here before you know it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad everyone and everything is doing so well! I had the preeclampsia - glad they are monitoring it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, schön, daß es Dir besser geht. Gönne Dir viel Ruhe. Wir denken an Euch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys, I try in English… let’s see…

    Tonight I read your blog and I’m relieved to see that everything is quite good.
    Of course for me as somebody who has no children its hard to imagine how you feel but I think I got a sense while looking at this pictures with all the little baby’s with this huge scars an their chests. It touched me a lot although this are only pictures – far away from reality.

    I wish you all the best!
    Stay strong and keep on smiling! ;)
    I’m with you!!!

    Arne

    ReplyDelete